Friday, August 27, 2010

Turkish Cuisine

For those of you who don't know, I used to lived in Turkey for two years. We moved to Turkey when I was 9 years old and we left when I was 11 . After leaving Turkey, we moved to Georgia. It has been 23 years (I feel so old writing this) since we moved and I don't think I have eaten Turkish food after leaving. When I saw a coupon for a Turkish restaurant in Weston's coupons he received for the summer reading program, we HAD to try it! It has been a long time! The restaurant was not a fancy place, but I can't remember ever eating anywhere fancy in Turkey, so it felt authentic. I doubt we will ever take the whole family to visit Turkey, so it is nice to know we have a place we can go if I want to relive a bit of my past:)



The thing that I have missed most after leaving Turkey is cay. Cay is a strong tea that I loved even as a kid. They always served it in a small glass with sugar cubes on the side.




Weston trying borek.


He wasn't impressed!

Service was a bit slow, so the kids were getting antsy.



eating donor kebab


0 comments: