Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scrounging for Change

Monday, at 7:00am, Weston begged me to take him to Walmart to buy a Fire Rescue Lego Boat. He saw this set at Walmart over the weekend, and he really wanted it. He is still obsessed with building, so he spends most of his day designing and creating things out of Legos or Trio Blocks. We would love to buy Weston everything he wants, but the toys he wants are expensive. Legos are not cheap! The Lego boat that he wants is around $50.00, so Nathan and I thought it would make a great birthday gift for him in September. I told Weston that it was too expensive, and he may have to wait until his birthday to get it. Well, Weston doesn't take "no" for an answer... at least not the first time you tell him. A few minutes later, I see Weston searching for coins in Nathan's junk box:) When Weston really wants something, he will try to work out any issues that get in his way.

"See! We have enough money to buy the boat!"

Weston then asks, "Do I need this many quarters to buy the Lego boat?"
I say, "You are going to need about 200 quarters to buy that Lego Boat."

Sadly, he found mostly pennies in Nathan's box.
"Promise me you will take me to buy the boat when I have enough money!!!!!"


Weston heads to his room to empty his piggy banks.


Calling daddy at work to ask for permission to open his piggy bank. Nathan made Weston a piggy bank from an oatmeal container and it was taped shut.
"I think we have enough!"


I love his persistence!!!! As much as I wanted to take him to Walmart after all of this, I finally told him I would take him after he fills his sticker chart. He has been working really hard to earn his stickers!! I will definitely post photos when we finally buy the Lego Fire Rescue boat.



Here is the boat he wants:
http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7207

1 comments:

Gina said...

That is hilarious! He must REALLY want those legos:)