Sunday, July 8, 2012

PSA Rock, Walk, and Roll 5k

We decided to kick off the summer with another 5k, so we raced the day after school let out for summer vacation.We chose the Rock, Walk, and Roll 5k because we really wanted the chance to run around Lake Olmstead.  The course is mostly shaded, and it offers pretty scenery! As an extra bonus, Very Vera was a sponsor, so we had a table of  DELICIOUS baked goodies waiting for us when we were done!!! I wish I had taken a photo of the food table with cakes and muffins, but I forgot. We also signed Weston up for the Tot Trot before our race, so he got to participate as well.  For some reason, Weston was embarrassed to pin on his number, so he almost didn't run. When he saw the other kids lining up for the race, he changed his mind.  He gets embarrassed over the strangest things and I will never understand it!!! Anyway, all of the children were considered winners and they were given a medal, which made Weston's day.
  We all really enjoyed this 5k. Most of our times improved since the Swamp Stomp, even though we encountered an unexpected hill during our run. None of us were prepared for it, but it made the race even more exciting. I finished this race in 32:49, along with Nathan.  He decided to stay with me for moral support:) If they do this race again in the spring, I will definitely sign up for it!

Weston took this photo of us!

Weston getting ready for the Tot Trot!




The parents were allowed to run with the kids if they wanted, so Nathan ran with him. Go, Weston!!

A photo before the race!



This is a photo of  Nathan and me approaching the finish line!

Tammy finishing the race.

Weston and Brandon playing.

Nolan took first place in his age group!!


My dad took 1st place in his age group!









0 comments: