Friday, June 8, 2012

Weston's End- of- the-Year Program

 

Weston's class put on a great end-of-the-year performance! I told Weston that I might cry during the performance, and he told me NOT to do it.  I asked him if he would be embarrassed if I cried. He said, "Yes, but I will still love you!" I didn't cry, but a few times I came close.  They sang, "It's a Wonderful World," by Louis Armstrong, and that song always song gets me emotional.  A friend sent me a card that played the song, soon after giving birth to Weston, while my hormones were crazy.   I think I cried every time I opened that card!  So, when I found out that his class was going to sing it, I just knew I was going to cry! Well, I didn't:). It was probably because I couldn't  hear the class when they sang it.  I think they were all a bit nervous, so they were fading in and out. It actually made me giggle because they were all so quiet.

Weston had a great year in Pre-K!  At our last conference, his teacher said she wishes that he could just skip kindergarten and go straight to first grade. I agreed. I  think he could benefit from being placed in a first grade class, but we can't do anything about it. I asked his teacher if she thought it would be possible for him to go to a first grade class for reading, but she wasn't sure if they would allow that. I feel that Weston is strong in math also, but there are a few concepts that he just hasn't been exposed to yet.  A week after our conference, we received a letter stating that his teacher will be moving to kindergarten next year, and we had the option of allowing him to move with her.  I was undecided about it.  I LOVED his teachers this year, but I think change is good.  I wanted him to have the opportunity to make new friends and have new teachers. Weston loves new experiences, so I wasn't sure what to do. Weston wasn't sure what he wanted to do either!!!  Eventually, we decided to let him move up his Pre-K teachers.  We have had great communication with them throughout the year, so they feel like family. So, as far as I know, he will be with them for kindergarten next year!

Anyway, here are some photos of the program:














Weston was thrilled that his cousins came!



These are the videos of Weston's speaking parts. 

1 comments:

Richard said...

Angie, I think it's a wonderful idea to let Weston move up with his teachers. I say this only because my Pre-K class moved up with me to Kindergarten. I had 13 of them for two years in a row. It was great for me, but it was particularly great for them. We started Day 1 with reading groups and math groups and all ran perfectly because they knew what to do. I feel that they really excelled because the rules, routines, and rituals were already in place and I knew exactly where they ended the year in Pre-K. I, too, wished Kamdyn could have moved to 1st grade, but they didn't allow that. :( Socially, I Kindergarten was best for her anyway. I can't believe how quickly they have grown!