Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Date with Weston

I wanted to do something fun with Weston on Mother's Day weekend, because I don't get a chance to spend time with him alone very often. So on Saturday I took him to another Lowe's Kids Clinic to build a trellis, which is supposed to be given as a Mother's Day gift. The trellis turned out to be a little more complicated than I thought, and we ended up having to ask for another kit because we messed up the first one:) I wasn't the only person that couldn't get the trellis put together correctly. I asked an older boy if I could look at his to use as a guide, and it was totally wrong. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of all of the crazy planters that were going to go home that day and all of the proud moms that were going to receive them! Anyway, the lady that was sitting beside me kindly showed me how to put it together correctly (she was on her second kit and knew what mistakes not to make). Eventually, she had to finish it for me, because Weston was loosing his patience!!! Of all projects, this one had to be the difficult one!!

The box was the easy part!


Filling the planter with potting soil.


He planted a couple of pink periwinkles.

Project complete!!!!

This is the finished project!

After the clinic, we went to lunch at Panera Bread. Weston rushed us through lunch because he was really excited about going to the movies.

I took Weston to see How to Train a Dragon, which is a 3D movie. I was worried that he would be grumpy because it was close to his nap time (he can not function without his nap) but that turned out to be the least of my worries. I think we sat down for a total of two minutes, and he completely freaked out over a preview. The preview had a scene with fire, and that was all it took for him!! He said the dragons were going to blow fire on him and he wanted to go home. He wanted to leave the theater immediately, so we left with our snacks that cost us $15.00! So that is how our special day ended!!!!!
Luckily, the movie theater was nice enough to give me two tickets to use next time we go the movies.

1 comments:

Gina said...

STUPID previews!!!! At least you were able to get a raincheck! If anything, maybe you and Nathan could use it to go out on a date:)