Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Foods!


Wyatt was introduced to his first foods this week! It all started while we were eating pork chops and sweet potatoes for dinner on Tuesday. I was holding Wyatt during dinner and he was trying desperately to grab my plate. I told Nathan that I thought he really wanted to eat some of my food. I really wanted to give him some of my sweet potato, but I knew that you are supposed to start babies with the green vegetables first. I guess you throw out all of the rules with the second child. We let him try the sweet potatoes and he loved it! He kept most of his food in his mouth and did well swallowing it.


On New Year's Day, we tried rice cereal with a spoon.


I don't think he likes the rice cereal very much...look at that face! He did really well with the spoon though!

Instead of black eyed peas for New Years, Wyatt ate green peas. He made a yucky face at first, but ate almost the entire container.

This is a video of Wyatt eating green peas on New Years. The video is a little shaky because I was feeding and filming at the same time.

1 comments:

Sandy said...

Yes, all of the rules change on the 2nd child!! Our pediatrician said to start with the "yellow" vegetables, so you actually did not do a bad thing. Yay for Wyatt! The worst part of FOOD is the added laundry. :)