Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Booby Trap for a Jibboo


Dr. Suess asks, "What would you do if you met a Jibbo?" Well, Weston would build a booby trap and try to catch him. A Jibboo is a birdlike creature in one of Dr. Suess' books, "Oh, the Thinks You Can Think." For some reason the Jibboo REALLY freaks Weston out. He thinks there is one in his closet. Anyway, I found Weston with his mattress halfway on the floor this Saturday. I asked him why he pulled the mattress off of his bed and he responded, "I'm making a booby trap for the Jibboo." I grabbed my camera and then asked him to explain how it worked:) He explained his plan to me and I left his room the way it was. I wanted Nathan to see his trap after he came home from his run. I had no idea that Weston would continue to work on his trap while I was in the shower! Apparently, he went around the house collecting items for his Jibboo trap. He helped himself to a vacuum cleaner part, tape, postage stamps, and Wyatt's infant Tylenol. When Nathan came home, he found the rest of Weston's trap! Here is what our boy did:


This is where he was going to trap the Jibboo



The Jibboo lives in his closet

Here is the other part of his trap. I never could get him to explain what this was for. I can't think of a better way to waste postage stamps and ALL of our tape!


He shoved the Tylenol down the vacuum cleaner tube.



Weston pointing to the Jibboo

2 comments:

Gina said...

Hilarious!!

Nathan said...

The vaccum tube was for him to "slip on".