Monday, September 21, 2009

Party at the Fire Station


Nathan and I were really unorganized for Weston's birthday this year! We were just going to have a simple party for him at the house with cake and ice cream because things have been hectic with a new baby. I asked Weston what kind of cake he wanted and he told me a firetruck cake. I told my mom that he asked me to make him a firetruck cake and she reminded me that the fire station lets anyone use their community room for FREE. I was feeling guilty for not planning much for his birthday, so it sounded like a great idea to me. The fire station is about one minute away from our house which meant that we didn't have to go very far from the house. It also meant that we could take Wyatt home quickly if he became fussy. Nathan and Weston went to the fire station to reserve the room at the last minute and it was available! The firefighters said they would even show the kids around the fire station if they didn't have any emergencies. So, this year he had his birthday party at the fire station. Sometimes things just fall into place!







Unfortunately, Weston didn't get a red firetruck cake. I thought I had "no taste red food coloring" at home, but I only had pink, yellow, green, and blue. I didn't have time to go to the store to buy some either! Weston got a yellow firetruck with pink rims instead :) I had to throw in the photo below. My mom came over to help fix the sloppy cake that I made. I discovered that I really hate cake decorating.



playing pin the hat on the fire dog.

the blindfold didn't work so we had to use a gift bag.

0 comments: