Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The things they do for fun!

One of the things that amazes me most about kids is what they find entertaining. Some of my best times with Weston are when I just sit and observe him for awhile. I can't help laughing at the things that he does to occupy his time. I will share a few of the things that I think are humorous.



Putting Things in Strange Places
I am not sure why he enjoys putting things in strange places. I am constantly finding things in the oddest places. I find his blanket in the pots and pans. He puts my toothpaste in the closet and my shoes in the clothes hamper. I have found cookbooks in the dryer and lotion under the couch etc... Recently, he has put all of his letters in my cooking utensil drawer, his tractors in my houseplants, and tampons in the bathroom windows. Here are a few photos of him stashing things away.

tractor in the plant




letters in the drawer




tampons in a row on the windowsill







Jumping Off of His Potty

Our pediatrician recommended that we get Weston a potty so that Weston will become familiar with it before we potty train him. We haven't made any attempt at potty training Weston. However, he has been getting some use out of it because he has turned it into a toy. He drags it in front of the mirror, climbs on top, and then jumps. After falling, he asks himself if he is "OK? all right? OK? all right"



Putting on my Sunglasses

I know that many kids like to put on sunglasses. Weston does too. It makes me laugh because he is so serious when he checks himself out in the mirror. I had a hard time holding back my laughter when he says he looks "nice" and when he gets mad because he can't keep them on.

0 comments: