Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mess

I found Weston sick in his crib Monday morning. He had thrown up, but hadn't even called for help or sympathy. He usually calls for me as soon as he wakes up. Actually, I didn't even know he was awake until I heard him sneeze so I peeked in his room. I walked over to his crib and he said, "Hey mama!" He sat up smiling and I noticed his hair, sheet, and blankets were covered with throw up. I have no idea how long he had been sleeping in that! I pulled him out of the crib and he pointed and said, "Mama! Oh no! Mess!" That was enough to make my eyes tear up a bit. Poor thing was worried about making a mess! His stomach virus has lasted the entire week, but he has remained in a good mood. Not quite himself, but he hasn't whined a bit. Hopefully he will back to normal tomorrow.

2 comments:

Julian said...

Ugh! Poor Weston. One of our kids (I don't remember if it was Preston or Hansen-it is good to forget these things) could puke and sleep right through it when they were younger. Now when the kids are sick, it just takes a tiny little cough and I am checking on them...and often cleaning up puke. After a week, hope Weston is finally getting better! We were in the sick zone just a couple of weeks ago.

Richard said...

I hope Weston is feeling much better! Poor thing!