Saturday, October 22, 2011

Preschool Creative Writing

Nathan always drops Weston off at school on his way to work. Every morning, he walks Weston to his classroom because Weston loves it.  One morning, the teachers were giggling when Nathan walked him to the door.  His teacher said, "I have something for you!!! Weston said his daddy told him this story(giggling)!!!" 

They gave Nathan this story that Weston had "written" in the writing center:

Nathan knew exactly where Weston heard this story...the Dollar Store!! Weston went to the Dollar Store with Nathan a few weeks before, and he was looking at the Halloween costumes.  He LOVES to look at scary costumes!!!  While looking, he found a Jason mask and asked Nathan, "What kind of monster is THIS, Daddy!!!!!?"  Nathan replied, " There is an old movie about a hockey player who kills everyone."
End of Story.

Well, Weston went to school and entertained his teachers with this story.  They said he told them a story, in great detail, about it too!! I had wondered why I had never seen any of Weston's stories hanging up in the classroom!!! Now, I know why!!! I told Weston not to write those kinds of stories at school because his teacher might think we are a CRAZY family, and the other students might get scared!! He told me, "Well, next time I will just draw a skeleton and the different parts of the body."  

Oh, that's nice!!!

 I can only imagine what that story is going to look like!!! I can just see him including private body parts in his drawing!!  Then, his teacher will really think we are CRAZY!

0 comments: