Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Last Day of Class!

May 17th was Weston's last official day of school at First Baptist Church. Next year, he will start Pre-K at Goshen Elementary. I originally registered him at FBC for 3 days a week because we were not sure if he would be picked for Pre-K at Goshen. They were considering cutting the Pre-K programs in our county, so I had accepted that he would probably go to FBC again next year. Registration for public school Pre-K was being postponed because they couldn't make a decision about the program. So, I had no choice but to register him at FBC. I wanted to make sure he had a spot somewhere!!! We have LOVED FBC, so we decided he would go there 3 half days a week. Then a few weeks ago, the county decided that they would keep the Pre-K program, but they would reduce the number of days to 160, instead of 180. I registered him even though I thought he would have a slim chance of being selected. It turned out that he was the 7th student to be picked!! So, he will be going to Pre-K all day next year. He is SO excited he finally gets to go every day. Not to mention, he will be at the same school as his cousin, Brandon!! I have mixed emotions about it. I am HAPPY that he has a great teacher at Goshen, and that the drive to school is so short. However, this means that he will be gone almost every day!!! Weston has been with me for so long, I don't know what I'll do without him!!! I'm sure I will adjust to him being gone quickly, but I will be sad at first!!!

So...I'm going to try my best to make the most of this summer before he heads off to school!!!



Photos of his last day of school

0 comments: