Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mr. Independent

For the last couple of months, Weston has wanted to get himself ready for school all by himself. All I do is pick out on outfit for him, and he dresses himself! He is able to put on an undershirt and shirt, zip his pants, and button his shirt without help. He can also put on his jacket, but still struggles with the zipper sometimes. When he finishes with his clothes, he puts on his shoes and socks. Then he will find a spray bottle in the bathroom, and wet his hair with water. I usually have to wet his hair every morning because it either is going in every direction when he wakes up. Now he wants to comb it by himself because he wants his hair to look like Charlie's, a boy in his class. Finally, he brushes his teeth. This change has taken place within a matter of months!!! I love it! Now I have a little extra time to get Wyatt and myself ready before we leave the house.

0 comments: