Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Neighborhood Walk

Lately we have been taking a walk around the neighborhood in the evening to get fresh air and exercise. During our walk, we often stop to chat with the neighborhood kids and their parents. One neighborhood family has three cats that Weston loves to pet. We have to stop at their house every night. Last week, Nathan and I were talking to the couple that owns the cats while Weston chased the cats around the yard. In the middle of the conversation, behind the couple, we spotted Weston proudly lifting his shirt and trying to coax the cats to him. Nathan looked at me and quietly said, "Why is he doing that?" I was so embarrassed when I realized what he was doing! Our 3 year old son was trying to breastfeed the neighbor's cats!!!!!!! Luckily the parents had their backs to Weston and didn't see him flashing his chest at their cats. After we left the house, I asked Weston what he was doing and he said, "When baby brother cries he's hungry. When the cats cry, they are hungry too. I was going to feed them with my breasts."

How do you respond to a 3yr old boy that says that? Nathan and I didn't say anything. We are just hoping this doesn't happen again.

1 comments:

Gina said...

OH how I needed a good laugh!! Emma has tried to breastfeed Kaitlyn. We did the same thing...just stared in disbelief! The best was when I caught her with my hand breast pump!!!