Thursday, October 22, 2009

A costume for Jacket

I have mentioned in previous posts that Weston LOVES Halloween this year. We bought him a costume last weekend (he wanted the scariest costume in the store) which made him start thinking about dressing other people for Halloween. At bedtime he told me that I should be a witch and daddy should be a fish. He said his stuffed animal, Jacket, should be a pumpkin for Halloween. I remembered that I saved Weston's Halloween onesie that he wore at 1 1/2 months old, so I pulled it out of Weston's keepsake box. I let Weston dress Jacket in the onesie for Halloween. Weston thought he needed a mask too so I also promised him we would make him one. The things you do for your kids!!

We pulled out paper plates, construction paper, scissors, and glue sticks and designed a collage pumpkin mask for Jacket. This was Weston's first time using glue and he rubbed glue all over his own face!



He said, "But we need to stick it to his face!!" I told him daddy would tie string to it when he got home from work. I love to tell Weston that Daddy will fix everything when he gets home :)
Nathan attached a rubber band to the mask

Here's Jacket's costume!

0 comments: