Friday, March 13, 2009

Coffee Break

Today Weston put on his construction worker hat and said to me, "Get a coffee break." I asked him to repeat what he said because I was surprised to hear him say this. Never in our life have Nathan and I have ever said, "Get a coffee break." He repeated the same phrase and I couldn't help but laugh. To hear this come out of your two year old's mouth is quite funny. After laughing, I tried to figure out where he heard that phrase. Well, I finally figured out where he heard the term "coffee break." In the New York version of the Gingerbread Boy story, there is a scene where the gingerbread boy runs into a group of construction workers. The construction workers say to the gingerbread boy, "You're just the snack for our coffee break."
Anyway, I thought it was funny for him to remember that particular line from the book.


0 comments: