Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Whitey Thighty Underwear

Weston went pee pee on the potty most of last week if I left his diaper off. He would run upstairs all by himself and use the potty without telling me. As soon as I put his diaper on him, he would completely forget about using the potty. By Thursday, I decided he wasn't really learning the entire concept of potty training by running around the house half naked. So I made him wear a diaper or pull up all day. He never mentioned going to the bathroom again and I never asked him if he wanted to try. I can't make him tell me when he has to go; only he can control his bodily functions. On Sunday he decided he wanted to use the potty again. Out of the blue he came to me and said he wanted to use the potty. He hasn't wet his diaper since. Every time he has to go, he tell us. Yesterday I think he must have used the potty over 20 times! He even loves to clean the tray by himself. I must say that he is really proud of himself and so are we. Yesterday he said, "I so excited!"

Today he went to Nana and Papa's and he told them when he needed to use the potty. So Nana went to the Dollar Store to buy Weston his first pair of underwear. He has been wearing them most of the day. Here are a few photos of his first pair of Fruit of the Loom whitey tighties.

By the way, going #2 is another story! He was traumatized by his first experience and doesn't want anything to with it. We are still working on that one.


0 comments: