Saturday, February 7, 2009

Big Boy Room

The past week we have been transforming Weston's room into a "big boy room". For those of you who don't know, we are expecting another baby in August. This means we have to start cleaning out our guest room to make room for a nursery. To get the process started, we took the mattress and bed frame from our guest room and moved it into Weston's bedroom. At first I was really excited about changing out his room. When Nathan started taking down his crib, I lost some of my excitement. I knew that once we made the change, we would never be able to change it back. It hurt a bit to make the change, but I am happy with the finish product. I really like that I have more room to read him a bedtime story. It was getting a little cramped in his toddler bed.

Here are some photos of the transformation:

Before:


Last weekend we painted.


This weekend, we took apart his toddler bed and turned it into a full size headboard.

I found a truck/car sheet set.
Weston LOVES construction vehicles! He knows the difference between dump trucks, cement mixers, bulldozers, cranes, and loaders. He gets really excited when we pass by a construction sites. I found this quilt online and it had all of the construction vehicles and tools.

Weston checking out his new room. He was more excited about jumping on the bed than anything.

It was a tight squeeze fitting his new bed in his room. We had to move things around several times. Nana and Nolan came over to check out his room and help move things.

Asleep for the first time in his big bed. Before he went to bed he told me that he didn't want to "snuggle the dump truck bed...I sleep in the little bed." He slept really well in his big bed even though he wanted to get in his little bed.

I love this photo. He is in his big boy bed, but still sleeps with his baby blanket. Even though he is growing up, he will always be my baby.

2 comments:

Melanie Ostergard said...

Congratulations to Weston on his big boy bed and congratulations to you and Nathan on the new baby. How exciting!

Gina said...

Congratulations on making it through that transformation. They look so little on those beds, don't they? I still love watching Emma sleep as well. They are so sweet. Hope you are still feeling well.