Monday, April 14, 2008

Climbing


I feel like I am reliving the stress of Weston learning to crawl and walk all over again. We now have a climber in our house. Weston wants to climb everything and it is freaking me out! He climbs up the toilets, benches, coffee tables, fireplace, beds, kitchen table etc... I don't feel like I can leave him alone for one second. Well, a couple of days ago, Nathan was getting his bath water ready and he managed to climb up the sink and turned on the hot water! Nathan was in the bathroom when he did this but he did it so quickly! Yesterday, Nathan left one of the bathroom doors cracked while he was taking a shower and Weston slipped into the bathroom and climbed up the sink again! I was in the kitchen and I heard a loud noise. I ran upstairs and found Weston in the sink. He had thrown our ceramic soap dispenser! Nathan didn't even know he was in the bathroom until that happened! I know that I am going to have to move some of our benches and shelves to keep him safe, but what do you do with the kitchen chairs? He knows that he can push them anywhere and climb up whatever he chooses.
Today, I found one our stools in front of the washing machine after I went to the bathroom! Luckily, he did not climb it but it certainly looked like the thought had crossed his mind. I guess I shouldn't be surprised! According to Nathan's parents, Nathan was a climber too. They used to find him on top of his dresser-asleep!



climbing up the kitchen chairs




climbing up the sink right before his bath

Okay, I realize we are not very bright for having a shelf right next to the sink.



using a bench to look out of his window



climbing up our shoe rack































2 comments:

Gina said...

Let the games begin! Emma does the same thing, but is not as successful. Just wait until he wants to do a flip. That is a lot of fun.

Richard said...

Oh my goodness! I would be a nervous wreck!! Kamdyn is very timid with climbing and is scared to try any of these "tricks." I hope she doesn't decide to change her mind. I am glad for now because I do think I would have a heart attack!!! :) Good Luck!