Thursday, December 9, 2010

Doctor Visits

A few weeks ago, I took Weston to his four year checkup. I knew he was due for shots, but I didn't know he had to get FIVE of them!!!! We didn't tell him about the shots until we went into the room. I wasn't sure if he would go to the doctor willingly if he knew about the shots. He loves to go to the doctor and he was REALLY pumped about this visit. So, I was felt horrible having to break the news about the vaccinations. Nathan met us at the office during his lunch break, so I let him tell Weston the bad news. I thought for sure he was going to throw a fit, but his eyes just watered up and he started pouting. When the doctor came in to talk to him, he was very polite and cooperative. When it came time for the shots, he took it like a man...all five! When they finished, he said, "That's a lot of wholes!!" He also had the nasal flu mist. The good news-he doesn't have to get any shots until he is 11!!!

His measurements:
weight: 41 lbs 80%
height: 41 1/2 inches 75%


The next day, Wyatt had to go to his 15 month checkup. He also had to get shots. The guilt kicked in when I saw my sweet boy snuggling with his bunny on the way to the doctor:( He did well at the doctor, but he I'm not sure if he knew what was happening.
15 month measurements:
Weight: 22 lbs 8 0z 20%
Height: 33 inches 90%

1 comments:

Gina said...

We did the same thing with Emma and didn't tell her until right before she got them!!! The 4 year check up is the WORST, but I think it is harder on the moms!!!