Monday, August 24, 2009

Wyatt's Arrival

Wyatt arrived early; he was scheduled to be delivered on August 24th. I woke up on August 17th at 1:30 am in pain. It took me awhile to realize that I was having contractions. Actually, it was Nathan that told me that I was having contractions:) I called my sister at the hospital and she called the triage . I was having contractions about every 2 to 4 minutes so they told me to come to hospital. After I arrived at the hospital, they gave me IV fluids while I waited to see a doctor. My contractions started slowing down to every 10 minutes by the time the doctor arrived. They almost sent me home, but then they decided to put me in a room until noon to see if I was going to progress. At noon I just told the doctor I REALLY wanted to have the baby that day so they sent me to the operating room. I was happy because my best friend was working that day also. She was able to stay in the operating room with me during the c-section and she was my nurse in the recovery room also.

My sister came and sat with us in the triage after working her 12 hour shift.

Wyatt was born at 2:00 pm.

Proud Daddy carrying Wyatt to the nursery.

Weston seeing his brother for the first time.


Brian and Stacy were traveling from Florida to North Carolina that day. They swung by the hospital just in time to see Wyatt in the nursery.

Weston checking out baby brother


Me holding Wyatt for the first time! It seems like it takes forever for them to bring the baby to your room.

My sister was my night shift nurse that night and Wednesday night. She had a cold that evening so wore a mask when she held Wyatt :)

0 comments: